We are very proud to introduce a release with new functionality that really stands out: one is a smart offline mode, another is an add-on service where our customers can allow thousands of their end customers to schedule appointments in real-time.
Offline modeAre you on a flight or in a remote countryside area? There will be moments in life when you can’t be connected. We’ll be there for you. Get to know our Offline mode. Choose the forms you want to work with and switch them Offline. Whenever you have the chance to be online, the changes you made will be synchronized upon saving.
Booking functionalityIS Tools now offers a scheduling service which may be used to target end-customers or other parties. Scheduling or booking thousands home visits may be a resource consuming challenge when targeting multiple sites, for instance when installing Optical Network Units as Customer Premises Equipment (CPE). With this add-on service, installation of CPE's can be scheduled by the end-customers themselves selecting from your available time slots, saving valuable time and increasing customer satisfaction. This is a packaged example of a practical use case to make platform functionality available in an external website, using the general platform API.
Improvements about Maps and LayersThis Map layer editor is a brand-new component with powerful tools to draw new areas or edit existing ones right on the spot. With Static label for Map markers, show relevant information you wish at every location marker in a default way, optionally formatted with Markdown to make it look not only helpful but stylish. Get to see the perimeter and total area (metric system) of polygons and lines drawn on Map layers by clicking on the Show measurements setting.
Pivot IQL chartThe IQL chart component makes it possible to dynamically summarize and group the data of an extensive table (just a like pivot table does), to render it as bars or lines. This way, you don’t have to predefine all data series since they will automatically be created based on the data. For instance, the query Officer, WorkOrderStatus, count(1) from WorkOrder group by Officer, WorkOrderStatus, would pivot the following table data to create this chart.
Meter componentBecause a picture is worth a thousand words, you’ve got to try our new component called “Meter”, ideal to graphically show the progress of whatever you need to control, in the shape of a horizontal bar.
Your report just a click awayNo need to open the Reports folder to run a report from the form you are working on. Simply click on a Button, Icon or Link configured to do this new action.
Improvements for MediaIt is now possible to set a default image as part of your form, so you can have it always available and ready to make editions on it. For instance, set a template of a vehicle diagram where you can quickly mark damages according to the vehicle inspection. The default Line width and Font size properties of the Image editor have been increased to emphasize the lines, text and other features drawn on the image.
Improvements related to Note fieldsCall the attention of other users with eye-catching content in Note fields, thanks to the Markdown format now supported by this type of field on application forms. Observe that PDF readers and MS Excel do not support Markdown, that is why exporting formatted Note fields will result in Markdown plain text. The content in Note fields that is organized with bullets or new lines of text will be exported to PDF exactly the way it is, unlike in previous versions where the text was exported as a single paragraph without special characters.
Clean form sectionsSometimes, it is necessary to hide all tool icons of a form section. And now you can even hide the Filter and the three-dot icon (i.e., Show same record in other forms setting) for Calendars, Maps, Multi detail and Table sections.
Calendar default viewEnjoy that this component now opens on the view (Month, Week or Day) you selected last time.
Improvements related to passwordThe User settings form implements additional security, requiring the current password before you can change it for a new one. At the Login page, the “Forgot your password?” functionality has been simplified: upon username and e-mail address submitted, a single e-mail is sent containing a link to a one-time URL where the user sets a new password.
- The Record selector did not work in a proper way in Classic forms configured without the Classic record filter.
- The Button component turned disabled in rendered form if the Save action icon was hidden in Form designer. Now, the rights of both components work independently.
- An error message was displayed if a Side panel was added into a Calendar component during configuration.
- The Multi-value component was missing the “Select display fields” property.
- The Map component could not be limited to a Detail section or Selector as before.
- In Firefox, Tables with long names were displayed as ellipsis instead, regardless of how wide the column was in Data model editor.
- Selecting a Table caused that filtering, resizing and sorting of the Fields’ Name column stop working.
- The “Delete constraint” property for Relation fields was missing in the Fields tab in Data model editor. It is now available, but hidden by default, and can be displayed via the Columns icon.
- Selecting the Groups tab caused that the Fields and Details tabs, and the Groups tab itself disappear from the Data model editor.
- In Rules wizard, the use of the currentUser() function as part of the “Set the value of fields using IQL” action could be correctly validated while being configured, but it did not work in the rendered form.