We welcome 2020 with a little bit of everything: a new section type, new forms for Reports and Imports, some design and functionality improvements here and there and some corrections.
You’ve got to try this new type of section that multiplies itself as many times as records exist, providing a quick overview of your data with all the design that a detail section stands; e.g., use it to display a list of products or services. You can even use several Repeaters combined with filters in a single form to, for instance, show works by status.
Reports and imports’ new look
The Report queue and the Import queue forms have been merged into a single one with possibility to customize it using standard features like showing or hiding columns of your preference, applying filters to search for logs, etc. Also, much more information is provided than before, for example, number of runs and rows, and recipients, among others.
The View reports form has also been updated with the same design as the one described above (i.e., a table-like view) with additional statistic data such as reports generated in total, this and last month.
It doesn’t matter how many different devices the users are working with, our form layout is now adaptive to any screen. The behavior of each component is configurable, for instance, fixing some edges while others automatically stretch or scale up according to the size or zoom of the screen. Read more here
Menu’s new design
Enjoy the changes made to our application menu, which improve readability and precision to locate entries, even on mobile mode.
Message for password renewal
We have improved the message sent to our users when the administrator of the application requests a new password for them. The language used will depending on the the user account setting.
Improvement to Link component
It is now possible to sort and filter by this component whenever it is placed as a column of a Table section.
- Create new button on Maps form is no longer enabled in Offline mode.
- In Firefox, Media components reflect changes made on images immediately when saving the form.
- Long texts displayed in the Record selector no longer overflow to multiple rows.
- New records in the Calendar component are now created with the correct day regardless of any time zone difference between server and user.
Data model editor:
- IQL charts mixed up default and authorized languages for y-axis labels.
- The Read log property for fields is now available for selection.
- The User search form now also displays locked out user accounts.
Other changes for administrators
Data model graph
The graphical representation of the tables and their relations is back. Find it out under the Diagram tab in the Data model editor.
Removal of classic administrative forms
The Drop-down editor and the Manage groups forms are no longer part of the current version of IS Tools, since all their features are fully covered by the Data model editor.