IS Tools application administrators will love our Spring release 2019, as it brings a brand-new version of Data model editor and Form designer.
Good bye Adobe Flash player, hello new user interfaceDiscover our all-new interface for configuring tables, fields and forms, built without any plug-in software, so no need to depend on Flash player any longer. This incoming Data model editor offers you to see relevant information at once, in a snap, unlike the previous version where you had to click the fields one by one to be able to see its properties. In respect of the Form designer, this fresh version makes of every functionality a draggable component which properties can be changed with flexibility at any later stage. Note that new applications created from this release on, will only include these new versions of Data model editor and Form designer.
Map layer componentAdditional layers of location markers can now be overlaid onto your Map components. For instance, while the Map shows where radio equipment is installed, a second layer shows where fiber optic cables are dug down, all in the same view. Besides, Map layers support Geojson information, in case you need to configure without latitude and longitude.
Other improvementsButton component IS Tools introduces this practical component, that can integrate both an icon and text in its design. By clicking on it, actions on Active record like Save, Delete, Create new and Save as new can be performed. This is a handful alternative instead of having the action icons at the top right corner of the form. Of course, other already existing actions like Open form, Export to PDF and Open URL can also be done with the Button. New actions for components Active record actions (described above), originally implemented for the Button component, have been added as well for Icons and Links. Besides, the Set value and save action makes it possible to set a specific value on the chosen field and save the record upon clicking any of this three components. Proper color for reading in Table section The background color of the row selected in Table section has always depended on the Theme the user has set for his/her application. However, the color of the text in the row will be changed by the system for a better reading experience, e.g., if the background is red, the text will be white. Note that this can be overridden by a specific style set by the administrator via rules or styling. Empty Table section after deletion of records In the past, a new record was automatically created after all records were deleted, but this was designed for classic forms, no longer supported in new applications. That’s why this functionality has been removed so sections can be empty if needed by the user. No pop-up window in View reports Some users have the pop-up blocking feature enabled in their browsers for safety reasons; with that in mind, we no longer pop up the Run report window, but open it in the same window instead.
- Copying multiple Date time cells from Excel to a Table section resulted in only the first cell being pasted.
- The Export to Excel functionality in forms could not be performed in applications with multiple languages due to a translation cache problem.
- Images linked to Media components did not enlarge as they should when clicked.
- In Maps, the Categorize markers setting did not work correctly in combination with Style rules. Also, it was not possible to create markers if the map was limited to active record, due to the + icon is disabled under this use case; instead, the Edit icon will add new markers.
- In the last screen of the Report wizard, existing reports of type Public couldn’t be edited to be Personal or make a copy of it (i.e., created as new) as Personal.
- Table sections with very low height (enough to show a single row in desktop mode) were not displayed correctly in cellphones. Also, in mobile mode, Icon components were rendered outside the form if placed at the last position of the section during design.
- In Rules manager, updating the Cron setting of an existing rule did not take any effect. Now, the Apply rule changes button is enable after any edition made.